Cams And Heads

studerman1

Aug 14, 2016
Whats your opinion on heads and cams. currently im looking at stage 3 comp cams and trick flow twisted wedge heads. Are both of these strait bolt on to the stock block? Because I've read if you go to extreme you have valve clearance issues. Thanks for any reply's.

-All stock engine internals-

• Sponsors (?)

This isn't from experience, just from what I've read, but, supposedly the trick flow heads have been designed to have more clearance. Also, you may want TFS specific cams because the intake and exhaust valves are set-up differently than normal. Contact mhs or mmr, they should be able to give you the exact info that you need.

Whats your opinion on heads and cams. currently im looking at stage 3 comp cams and trick flow twisted wedge heads. Are both of these strait bolt on to the stock block? Because I've read if you go to extreme you have valve clearance issues. Thanks for any reply's.
-All stock engine internals-
Those cams wont work with that head and anything above "stage I", requires valve reliefs.

Just wondering. What does a set of trick flow heads + comp cam + cylinder head changing kit cost?

Have you ever replaced cylinder heads before in a modular Ford? Will you be doing the work yourself?

What are your HP goals?

What is the model year of your Mustang?

Is there anything wrong with the motor currently in the car?

Have you considered a super charger kit?

Agree with all the above. Answer the basics first.

Our engines enjoy power adders more then head work. A "stage 3" cam might sound good but it needs to match up with your goals (upper end power at the sacrifice of drivability and low end power).