Can a novi 1220 for 87-93 work on a SN95?

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
I'm asking for my cousin that wants to supercharge his 5.0.... I tried searching on here but didn't find much... DO you guys only have the Novi 2000 as an option?

much thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The problem with using blowers for a 87-93 on a 94-95 is that the pulleys don't line up the same. The 87-93 belt is further away from the engine (ie - closer to the radiator) than it is on a 94/95. If you can figure out a way to modify the mounting bracket to move the blower closer to the motor and make the belt line up, you'd be in pretty good shape. You may have a similar problem with the discharge tube.

Other than those things, I can't think of any other reasons why it wouldn't work.

Or I wonder if the 94-95 bracket for the 2000 is compatible with the 1220?

Or another option would be to convert to 87-93 accessories ...

If you're willing to convert to the 87-93 belt setup it should work. It's going to be real close though. The Novi runs on a seperate belt that is mounted ahead of the factory serpentine. You're probably going to have to find some serious clearance solutions for your fan. If you want to keep the factory belt setup, it's not worth it.

Kurt

Thanks guys, I told my cousin to look at the Novi 2000 (although it's too much for what he wants IMO (based on assumptions, I don't know much about boost applications)) or the Vortech V-1 or V-2....

thanks