Can anyone tell me what this is?

cobra2798

Mar 30, 2005
Clermont, Florida
I just noticed the 2 tubes on the passengers side of the firewall, what are they? Should there be hoses going to them? I have no idea what this is:shrug:
HPIM0741.jpg

Attachments

• HPIM0741.jpg
    HPIM0741.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Sponsors (?)

Yup, those are the lines going to the heater core. They were most likely disconnected because the heater core was leaking...
To fix the heat, you'll have to replace the heater hoses. Right now, I bet the hoses are connected together or there is a loop to avoid the heater core. If the heater core is leaking (the most likely reason the hoses are disconnected), then you'll have to replace the heater core, which is a huge PITA. It requires removal of the dash. Expect to spend at least 8-10hrs if it's your first time.

Yup, those are the lines going to the heater core. They were most likely disconnected because the heater core was leaking...
To fix the heat, you'll have to replace the heater hoses. Right now, I bet the hoses are connected together or there is a loop to avoid the heater core. If the heater core is leaking (the most likely reason the hoses are disconnected), then you'll have to replace the heater core, which is a huge PITA. It requires removal of the dash. Expect to spend at least 8-10hrs if it's your first time.
Dam.....Ill deal with the 10 cold mornings a year in Florida rather than go through all that. Thanks