Can anyone tell me why driveshafts cost $260 now??

95 yellow 5 0

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2002
CT
i got aluminum driveshafts on all my mustangs for $160 max... what's with the price change?? i notice a lot of parts are going up. now i dunno if i have money to get the driveshaft when i do gears.

btw.. anyone know if the gear + installation kit in mustangs unlimited is everything you need or the richmond installation kit for $110 is better.

• Sponsors (?)

chrisbudl1 said:
I picked up a used one for 40 bucks, might want to search for a used one.
'damn.. i'll keep lookin.. i didnt see any on ebay...
i thought i was gonna be able to do all this stuff to my car when i take this loan out. now i think im just gonna get tires, 4.10's, flowmasters, and tints. it's got 50,000 on it now and i really want an 03 cobra. maybe next year.

Weird comparison: carbon fiber hockey sticks

Y'know I was suddenly reminded of the issues with carbon fiber hockey sticks. A large number of top NHL players use carbon fiber sticks because they have more spring to them. When you swing at a puck, the shaft flexes and then at the moment of impact (if you have a good shot) it suddenly straightens, providing power. The problem with carbon fiber sticks is that they dont give any warning before they fail - they usually just explode into a mess of carbon shards. Why do I get the feeling that a carbon fiber driveshaft will share some of the same properties...