Can I add a low boost (turbo or s/c) setup to this configuration?

SlyFox91

Mar 17, 2023
Stock block 347 scat forged crank and rods, mahle flat top pistons,190cc twisted wedge, edelbrock pro flo 4 efi w/ 29lb injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump. 10.8:1 compression Would it be advisable to do a power adder with this setup? If not what should I change I am not looking to make a ton of boost. Would turbo or s/c be better?

• Sponsors (?)

Supercharger would be less stuff to change (exhaust) and could be done but you'll need more fuel and a way to tune it. I'd say at least 40lb injectors and a bigger pump. Keep the boost low with that compression ratio and get a good tune as there won't be a lot of room for error on a stock block.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Super tight tuning Window . Meth injection is a must at that CR for a pump gas street car .

To really optimize the combo a cam that will positively affect “ dynamic compression “ for what you’re doing would be a huge benefit .

A lot of effort for a stock block deal though

Reactions: 2 users
I can't see the point with a stock block.
Personally i feel that when you use a stock block for a 347 you have committed to a NA build.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes you can boost that. Deka 80 injectors and a water/meth kit to keep detonation at bay. I run that compression and have a f1r on the car with intercooler. The water/meth kit I run on top of that really opened up the tuning window. Was able to add 4* more degrees of timing over just pump 93 alone.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes you can boost that. Deka 80 injectors and a water/meth kit to keep detonation at bay. I run that compression and have a f1r on the car with intercooler. The water/meth kit I run on top of that really opened up the tuning window. Was able to add 4* more degrees of timing over just pump 93 alone.
You also have a Dart block not a stock block which the OP will certainly need if he tries for the same 700HP yours is making. :rlaugh:

• Loved It!
To me it's a pretty simple, a good NA 347 should make around 400rwhp.
I know people like to quote the 500rwhp the stock block will put up with, but that can be 450rwhp or 550rwhp.
If your pockets aren't deep and you don't have a back up or future plan, you better cap it at 450rwhp.
So someone would do all this work and spend all this money for 50 rwhp?
Sounds insane to me.

At least if you buy the dart first you can reuse the rotating assembly.
If the stock block let's go at 5000rpm it's a pile of scrap.