Can I get more head room?

Man, I thought it was just me, but I have the same complaint.

I am 6'2", and although most of my height is in my legs, I feel like I am sitting on a damned phone book in the leathet seats in my 02!!

I had an 03 Taurus for 2 days while my GT was in the shop (getting the TQ replaced!), and when I got the GT back yesterday, I spent like 5 minutes thinking: they must have jacked my seat all the way up, how the hell do I get it back down! I thought maybe I missed something on the controls, but nope, it was down all the way. The Taurus had a lower seat than the Mustang!

I can see the end of my hood, no problem. I used to tease my Dad for jacking his seat all the way up in his Benz........now I feel like I am doing the same thing!! OH NOOOO, I'M MY DAD!!!.....lol

Listening........

• Sponsors (?)

DC02'GT said:
Thanks for the help. I guess it is time to ditch the power controls & get some manual tracks.
JCKnife- That would be too easy, & besides I do not want to add a roll cage in order to keep a vert from twisting. I'll stay with the manual seat tracks & my hard top. :nice: I'm not bashing, verts look sweet, they're just not for me. On the other hand, you are up north, a vert in Texas & you can feel as if you are being cooked alive!!!

Did you ever try the manual seat tracks?

Jason

Stangnut said:
BTW, how in the world do you tall guys put up with the rear view mirror? Mine's AT eye level, which SUX! Isn't it BELOW your eye level?

Jason

when i bought my 01 a couple weeks ago, i was like... how the heck do people see out of the front glass with that mirror in the way???

took me a day, but you can actually push it all the way to the top, then angle the actual mirror part down to use it. raises it like 3 inches (two pivots on it). i was like... DUH!

Shorin said:
when i bought my 01 a couple weeks ago, i was like... how the heck do people see out of the front glass with that mirror in the way???

took me a day, but you can actually push it all the way to the top, then angle the actual mirror part down to use it. raises it like 3 inches (two pivots on it). i was like... DUH!

Hey, thanks, I'll try that in the morning!

Now about those manual seat tracks... Anybody actually do it with stock seats?

Jason

I'm 6'5", I bought the KB extenders, and when I removed the seat to install them I noticed that the back mounts on the seat are little towers. I cut those off and welded the KB extenders to the seat rails (no little towers). This was enough for me, hope it helps.