can someone look at these log files?

Mustangless

Jun 27, 2003
home
I finally got my tweecer working and have a few log files at idle. My car is stock

My city gas mileage is 12-14 mpg going easy on it
My HWY gas mileage is 23-26 no air going easy

I have changed fuel, air filters, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, o2 sensors, alignment, 35psi all around, no codes, seafoamed, cleaned maf.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8Es0RG...YlVnYpOSe72I5GyKy1mHQvsxD1eC/Data Logs/run.db
http://f2.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8Es0RI...hokxwvBTaKAKvYc3s7hpRKPAIvL/Data Logs/run2.db
Not sure if you can tell anything at idle, but I should be able to get one moving sometime.

• Sponsors (?)

Mustangless said:
I finally got my tweecer working and have a few log files at idle. My car is stock

My city gas mileage is 12-14 mpg going easy on it
My HWY gas mileage is 23-26 no air going easy

I have changed fuel, air filters, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, o2 sensors, alignment, 35psi all around, no codes, seafoamed, cleaned maf.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/42a8dc3e_dba2/bc/tweecer/060404153936.DB?bf9KENEBBZj5urO0
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/42a8dc3e_dba2/bc/tweecer/060404185838.DB?bf9KENEBTtWGSSKY

Not sure if you can tell anything at idle, but I should be able to get one moving sometime.

The links don't work, I get a "cannot find server" error

Adam

I cannot get the logs either. Other than the poor city mileage what is your car doing? 12-14mph is me being aggressive on the throttle and perhaps lower if I really am beating on it...:D Perhaps you can send us your .ccf file and we can look at your tuning...

Phil

its a stock tuning for now. I am trying to figure out what is wrong before I start with that.

It has not happened in a while, but sometimes my car would stall after backing up, or stopping.

the new ones I posted work for me. Did you try those or the ones he quoted?

I did glance over your two logs and I did not see anything majorly wrong. The difficult part is trying to determine what happens when your car actually bogs and dies. If you can tell me where in the logs the car dies I could probably get a better idea on what is going on. Most of the logs are at closed loop and at idle. The 02s seem to be switching correctly so the only thing I can think of at this point is that perhaps your fuel pump is going out.

Other possibilities:

Vacuum leak
Thermostat is too cold (which one are you running..anything below 180 is probably not good if you kept your stock setting on the tweecer).

I hope I helped...

Phil

thermostat has not been changed. The temp gauge stays a little below middle, but not near the cold side. Heat works fine. That is just idling right there but I will try to get it moving and maybe it will stall while idleing. I have also thought a vacume leak, but cant find one.

Mustangless said:
it worked right after I posted it :shrug:

try this one
http://tinyurl.com/jocwl

Document cannot be found

cobramanphil, since you can get to the logs, can you try to host them too?

That back up and die thing... that sounds like a idle RPM issue. The stock scalar for idle in gear is 600, and idle in neutral is 640. I'd raise both up to at least 700. I personally have all my idles at 750 RPMs, because after experience my car is in a happy place idling at that RPM.

Adam

I took a quick look at your data logs :)

Don't know what the data in the columns labled TS and FSTAT is

but

I'd have a better idea of what is going on with the skinny pedal if TP was showing values.

Since you have no wb, I'd del the pw 1&2 and add lambse 1&2

Spark seemed to jump around a good bit when the rpm's were climbing. I'd have to assume you were at wot by looking at the maf & load values.

RPM climbed with mph until 5100. Why not go higher :shrug:

Grady

final5-0 said:
I took a quick look at your data logs :)

Don't know what the data in the columns labled TS and FSTAT is

but

I'd have a better idea of what is going on with the skinny pedal if TP was showing values.

Since you have no wb, I'd del the pw 1&2 and add lambse 1&2

Spark seemed to jump around a good bit when the rpm's were climbing. I'd have to assume you were at wot by looking at the maf & load values.

RPM climbed with mph until 5100. Why not go higher :shrug:

Grady

did you look at these?

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=628837

Mustangless said:

Yes :D

From time to time I can be quite the Dufas kind of guy :shrug:

After my reply, I realized I was in the wrong thread :bang:

but hey

I ain't perfect :)

I looked at the first one and it looked like a cruise down the highway.

Second one looked like a wot run in two gears and noticed the spark was kinda inconsistent.

Your K's were tight to the 1.00 line during the cruise :nice:

Nothing I saw was all that much to be concerned with.

Grady

final5-0 said:
Yes :D

From time to time I can be quite the Dufas kind of guy :shrug:

After my reply, I realized I was in the wrong thread :bang:

but hey

I ain't perfect :)

I looked at the first one and it looked like a cruise down the highway.

Second one looked like a wot run in two gears and noticed the spark was kinda inconsistent.

Your K's were tight to the 1.00 line during the cruise :nice:

Nothing I saw was all that much to be concerned with.

Grady

the way you were talking I thought that was what you were looking at.

Well, I guess I can keep looking for a reason my city mpg is so bad. :rolleyes: wideband might be next

Next time I log i will add the tps

Mustangless said:
the way you were talking I thought that was what you were looking at.

Well, I guess I can keep looking for a reason my city mpg is so bad. :rolleyes: wideband might be next

Next time I log i will add the tps

The highway mpg seems quite good:)

Maybe you are just being a bit heavy footed around town :shrug:

Drive around in all different kinds of conditions yet stay in CL and see if your K's hug the 1.00 line as they did in that highway cruise. If they do, your CL tune has to be close.

The TPS will give you a % range of throttle used based upon the voltage. Not a must have thing to be included in the dl payload but I do find it helpful.

I havent seen the TS & FSTAT values before. What is that supposed to be telling you?

Grady

I am happy with my hwy mpg if it was right. Filled it up 2 different times first 23.5 then 26.
But in the city, I keep it under 2k, and it does not help get past 14mpg.

is ts throttle status and fstat fan status? I don't know what they are supposed to mean, I just marked things. I am still learning alot about this

I will take my laptop with me tommorw and try to datalog a bunch of different things and conditions.

Mustangless said:
I am happy with my hwy mpg if it was right. Filled it up 2 different times first 23.5 then 26.
But in the city, I keep it under 2k, and it does not help get past 14mpg.

is ts throttle status and fstat fan status? I don't know what they are supposed to mean, I just marked things. I am still learning alot about this

I will take my laptop with me tommorw and try to datalog a bunch of different things and conditions.

Striving to stay at 2k and below will not be as effective as how you accelerate.

If you pretend you got an egg between your foot and the skinny pedal and you drive in such a fashion that the egg won't be damaged, that is a general idea of how to obtain good milage per gallon of gas used.

Throttle status you say ...... From what I saw of it, that tells me a whole lot of ... absoultely nothing :notnice:

Thanks so much for the info :nice:

Grady