on going tune

Mustangless

Jun 27, 2003
home
Been working on my tune more and more. I have the CL tune close to what I would consider good.

Here is a data log of just a normal drive. I don't know why, but it looks like my kams were just reset too. :shrug: They usually stay between .96-1.05.
CL log

Now for the problem.

Went to the track again, and the transmission was doing the 3-2-3-2-3....

shifting

TUNE

So I decided to load up most of the old settings and got a good run.

GOOD

TUNE

The car was really rich the first 60 or so mph. It was probably because it had just been started. Stock t-stat and trying to keep car cooled down.

On the afr ratio it stays close to the lambse, but I thought it would do better. The lambse is 11.21 and the afr would range from 11.8-10.95. Whats the secret to getting a flat afr curve?

It looks like the afr is getting in the low 12s before I even see any boost. I was told there was black smoke coming out of my exahust. I need to tweak my fuel tables.

• Sponsors (?)

:mad: spoke too soon.

Drove it this morning and it did fine. Got in it earlier and it started right up. I make it about 15 feet and the rpms drop and it dies. It would not start. Primed it 3 times and still nothing. It would just crank and crank and crank. Would not start, turned the key over for about 10 seconds giving it gas it would not start. FInally after attempting that 5-10 times it started. :nonono:

I thought I was datalogging during that, but I looked at my laptop and it said tweecer r/t not detected.

I wasn't going to stop and try to figure it out. But after I got home I restarted my laptop and it worked fine. Car started up and everything. My settings for afr are gone in BE though.

I let it idle for 5 minutes and the lambse was staying 12-13.

edit: only thing different is I am under a 1/4 tank. I have not been there since I put the turbo on.