Can someone please tell me what cylinder spark plug wire goes too. (PIC)

• Sponsors (?)

Firing order is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8

Look on the cap, there should be a 1 on it somewhere. That is cylinder #1. The firing order continues counter-clockwise from there.

From the picture, i beilve the wire where the hole in the cap is #1

Mustang5L5 said:
Firing order is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8

Look on the cap, there should be a 1 on it somewhere. That is cylinder #1. The firing order continues counter-clockwise from there.

From the picture, i beilve the wire where the hole in the cap is #1

What he said.

:OT:
Is that an open element VC breather I see on an efi car? I hope you pitched the pcv system.

jason

vristang - I don't have a "filter" where my oil cap bung is...but I have a hose coming off the cap area that runs onto my valve cover. Technically it is open to air...is that bad?

Here's a visual for ya.

firingorder6wp.jpg

Attachments

• firingorder6wp.jpg
    firingorder6wp.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 92
Sweet post Daggar

An open element type breather on the valve cover will allow unmetered air to enter the engine via the pcv. Normally the inlet to the valve cover comes from teh throttle body. This allows the air that does enter the intake via the pcv to be registered by the MAF. With an open element breather on the valve cover, the air that enters the intake manifold through the pcv is basically a vac leak.

I have heard some say they do this without consequence, but this setup could cause surging/hunting idle, and lower fuel economy (same as any other vac leak).

Just and fyi,

jason