Can you find the engine in this Pic?

I know, I know, I apologize.
Just thought it was interesting and could be a killer value for someone here (and I was amused by how ridiculous the mess is around the Pic) To be clear I live in NJ not florida, have no clue who the seller is. I ran into it by accident. Delete it if need be.
I would say that the reason the auction has 40 minutes left with zero bids is that picture. I'm not sure what is going on there. Who would deliberately put a picture up like that? Who would buy something from a person that posted a picture like that? The listing is not specific enough, but too specific to be a storage locker auction or something. I don't think a disgruntled X-girlfriend would be that specific about a listing, unless her X-boyfriend had a tendancy to yell "5.0 roller with a single turbo" at the moment of premature ejaculation.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I would say that the reason the auction has 40 minutes left with zero bids is that picture. I'm not sure what is going on there. Who would deliberately put a picture up like that? Who would buy something from a person that posted a picture like that? The listing is not specific enough, but too specific to be a storage locker auction or something. I don't think a disgruntled X-girlfriend would be that specific about a listing, unless her X-boyfriend had a tendancy to yell "5.0 roller with a single turbo" at the moment of premature ejaculation.

Kurt
It's a small single turbo so he probably didn't finish the sentence until well after peak HP was achieved. :nonono:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Kurt
Don't get me wrong i would never buy it sight unseen, but someone within driving distance could potentially get a good deal.
It's already on a stand, so inspection should be fairly simple before actually installing it.
Looks like an aluminum driveshaft in the back too.
That's the kind of guy i show up with more cash than necessary and buy anything they will sell that is under priced.

I was on the fence about whether or not he was a real seller or had a hacked account.
One of his other items he had for sale i wanted (was a white sim rig), but his shipping price didn't make sense, it was too low.
I bid on it, knowing the risk, but it went higher than i was comfortable with.
I've really never had any trouble getting my money back on ebay and that ad (not sure if all) had an ebay money guarantee.

If found this to be quite common on eBay. Not just car parts, but other items as well. Some people just don’t know how to sell items properly.

ive sold items at a higher price than similar items listed just because of the number and quality of pics. Other sellers will have 1 bad pic, I’ll have 12 high quality pics. My item sells.

I’ve rolled the dice a few times on bad pic/description listings and have done quite well. My best score was a WW2 bayonet with one terrible pic that I bought for $35. Upon receiving it, it was in much better shape and from a rare manufacturer. Instant $400 bayonet.

I tend to list every detail in an ebay ad and everything i sell starts at like $25 no reserve. Once you get people in the game, they tend to want to win, besides if i listed it, i've come to the conclusion i don't want it any more and if you title it right, the market will decide the value.
If it's something oddball that people tend to watch and maybe not bid, i just say i'm listing it twice then throwing it in the garbage.
I've had some things that i expected 50 bucks for goto $200.
Anything worth less than $25 i give it away or toss it. I'm not going to the post office for less than that.

There's no win on ebay. By the time ebay gets their money, paypal gets their money, and the post office gets their money, you end up with 8 cents.

Kurt

• Agree
PayPal doesn’t get their money anymore. eBay is having you input bsvk account info now and holds the funds directly in Ebay abs deposits to bank account.

seems like a new thing as I just set that up couple weeks ago and got my first deposit.

I sell at inflated prices due to the fees, and people still buy :shrug:

I was under the impression, you lose 10%.

For the most part, that's livable for stuff i planned on throwing out.

I don't sell much, but i buy all the time using paypal. So i wasn't aware of changes.