Can you get stuff added from factory?

Stallion96Vert

Jul 6, 2004
Hey guys. I am in the market for a 06 Mustang. I will be buying a GT because my father works for Ford and I can get the family plan. Which is a really good DEAL!! But I have saw some people on this forum talking about having the dealer add parts to the mustang before taking the car, and in effect, the parts being under warranty. Is this possible? If so, think I could get the dealer to add the new Ford Power Packages they just realeased, such as the handling package?

Also, since this will be the first time I will have to deal with a dealer, (All my previous mustangs have been used.) what are some tips as to go about getting the dealer to do this for me?

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

eep in mind that most, if not all, Ford Racing parts tend to be treated as after-market parts. As such they are not specifically covered under the Ford new car warranty. Now your dealership may be willing to do this but there's no guarantee that any other dealer will do the same.

martimus said:
eep in mind that most, if not all, Ford Racing parts tend to be treated as after-market parts. As such they are not specifically covered under the Ford new car warranty. Now your dealership may be willing to do this but there's no guarantee that any other dealer will do the same.
yep, the dealer you buy it from and have install the items MAY warranty them. No other dealer will. talk to your dealer, and have everything in writing before you try this. you dont want to get burned.