cant decide on wich springs. steeda or eibach

03redfiregt

Aug 4, 2003
Dracut Ma
I am going to be lowering my car more sometime soon. I have the bullitt suspension now but i am going to be putting 18s on the car so i want it lower. But i cant deisde between the steeda sport springs or the eibach pro kit. I am going to be using the bullitt shocks and struts and i really dont want to have to get caster camber plates. I also want the best ride. I dont want it to be harsh. What do you guys think. Anybody who has either one. opinions would be awsome. :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

I can tell you from what I know that the Steeda and the Eibach sports drop your car about the same height...1 1/2" I believe. I have the Steeda springs and they are kinda stiff but some aftermarket shocks/struts changed that. As far as caster plates...I don't ahve them and my alignmeent is fine. Yet, I have never used Eibach so maybe someone with experience with them can chime-in, but i thought they were relatively the same.

I installed the entire Eibach pro-kit, thats springs and matching struts.
this gave a 1-1/2" drop on the 98'. ride quality is good but stiff.
I used the cam bolt on the strut with stock caster/camber plate.
this gave good alignment and less noise than a cc plate.
I also installed and recomend the steering rack offset bushings.
good combination for a street car.

Eibach Pro Kit

I didn't need the CC plates, but I did get it aligned.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Both are great products. I got the pro's and like the lower stance. Ride is fair. Smooth roads rides like it did stock rough roads....... well it is lowered. Corners hehehe much fun. Since you already have the bullitt kit your ride might be better. Also if it was me I'd do the rims and tires and then decide if you wanna go any lower. I also didn't need CC got them though just in case.

I had to get caster/camber plates because I was told that dropping my car more than 1.5" will require it for alignment purposes. So I'm guessing if you do go with H&R SS, you'll need to spend extra money to get the plates. I remember seeing one thread about a guy installing Eibach Prokits and he measured the wheel gap with no apparent differences between stock. He then changed to H&R Super Sports and there was a noticeable difference immediately, which convinced me to get the H&R's. Though I did hear that springs do settle, I didn't want to wait like a month for the Eibachs to settle just to get an 1.3" drop.

just a point of note. i shot a line to MM a while back and asked if i needed CC plates for running lower springs for alignment purposes. they said that most times you dont, however they strongly suggest getting them because it raises the top point of where the strut is mounted, this increasing its able distance of travel. this will greatly prevent bottoming out as well as increase life of the dampers. so, take it for what its worth. not needed for alignment for better for damper life/bottom out purposes.

Torinalth