cant tell if its a real short throw shirt, help

cb18201

Oct 25, 2003
CT
cant tell if its a real short throw shifter, help

does anyone have a picture of a pro 5.0 shifter installed? i bought my car with one an i took off my shifter bezel thing (that plastic cover) an i looked at the handle an it says pro 5.0 but is it possibl the guy could have just got the pro 5.0 handle an put that on? is there any way i can really tell. ive never driven a mustang with a stock shifter so i wouldnt be able to feel the difference, but any pics would really help. also is there anyway i could adjust it so the shifts would be shorter, like shorter from 1-2 an 2-3 an so on, i see stopper bolts an was wondering if you could adjust those to make the throw shorter. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

so a search with Seth5.0 as the username. he took a ton of pics on his install of his pro5.0 . if you cant find it then im sure he will post whenever he sees it but just do a search cause he had a lot of good, close pics

Check for this...

70_1.JPG

Jake

Attachments

• 70_1.JPG
    70_1.JPG
    1.3 KB · Views: 111
If it has stop bolts, it's definitely not stock. The stock shifter base is fugly as hell, also. You cannot adjust the stop bolts to change shift throw length, their purpose is to keep you from going too far and bending the shift forks.

ok thanks , the reason i didnt think it was real is because i saw pro 5.0 ingraved in the base on the ones in catalogs an i looked at mine and didnt see it but i realized its covered by that rubber sealer boot you put back on when you install it.

does it matter which side of the shifter the handle goes on? it looks like it would be more centered if it were bolted onto the right side of the shifter instead of the left because the pro 5.0 handles are a little bent at the top. anyone have theirs bolted onto the right side?

its your call on how you want it mounted. i like mine closest to me pointing the most towards me for easier shifting. i know people like it a lil bit away from them but its all taste