Car cover?

• Sponsors (?)

1997.oldsmobile.achieva.8693-E.jpg

After you are done with the stang (if ever) you should turbo that thing.

dude this thing is pretty quick for what it is
3.1L v6 150hp 180tq
very torquey, acctually when im going like 40 and punch it and it drops a gear the torque steer is kinda scary, almost veers me off the road haha
otherwise its a POS car, its been in a front end wreck that was fixed ****ty (sister) and the body panels arent lined up right, over 70mph the hood rattles bad lol

DO NOT buy a wal mart cover ( "budge" ). especially if the car is going to be outside. i had a walmart special on my rio red 95 and i keep mine under a car port. The inside of the cover is not soft enough for the paint and if a consistant decent amount of wind lasts, it will scratch the pee-wassie out of your paint. you will either have to buff it out or use an abrasive wax/polish, then re-wax :notnice:

i just bought a Wolf evolution 4 custom fit cover ( directly from wolf but summit has them ). it is a layered covered and the rep i spoke with at Wolf said it will not scratch my paint. its water resistant but still breathable and blocks UV rays. it will help with the pollen. so far i have not found any scratches but the wind has not gotten very gusty either. only drawback is the $140ish price tag.

i believe i will still take it off the car when expecting strong winds or a storm.

DO NOT buy a wal mart cover ( "budge" ). especially if the car is going to be outside. i had a walmart special on my rio red 95 and i keep mine under a car port. The inside of the cover is not soft enough for the paint and if a consistant decent amount of wind lasts, it will scratch the pee-wassie out of your paint. you will either have to buff it out or use an abrasive wax/polish, then re-wax :notnice:

i just bought a Wolf evolution 4 custom fit cover ( directly from wolf but summit has them ). it is a layered covered and the rep i spoke with at Wolf said it will not scratch my paint. its water resistant but still breathable and blocks UV rays. it will help with the pollen. so far i have not found any scratches but the wind has not gotten very gusty either. only drawback is the $140ish price tag.

i believe i will still take it off the car when expecting strong winds or a storm.

can you hit me up with a link and maybe a closeup pic of the cover?

Thanks everyone

can you hit me up with a link and maybe a closeup pic of the cover?

Thanks everyone

i hate to tell you to spend that kind of money and you not be happy with it. i have only had mine about 3 weeks...no complaints so far tho except for one. even tho the cover is custom fit and it fitted on both ends, i had a gusty day couple of weeks ago and it pulled the off the rear of the car. i got two really long shoe strings and tied them together, tied one end securely on the side of the cover on the bottom ( cover had plastic grommets , one on each side under the door at the very bottom ) and got a short string on the other side and tied it securely then run the string under the car and tied the two together like you would a shoe. hasn't come off again.

heres the link

http://www.global-accessories.com/p...8cept&SYSTEM=storelink&SESSIONID=none&ACTION=

just type in your info in. you can go custom fit or universal. i have the custom. i chose the 'evolution'. it lists for $150.99. i talked to joe there and mentioned that summit had them for $135.39. he price matched. reason i ordered from the company was because they give a 4 year warranty. summit may also, but their site just lists 90days.

heres the summit link

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...908282+4294907673+4294857138+115&autoview=sku

for christmas i bought my dad a california car cover for his '57 chevy belair. fitment was great. quality is good too. a bit pricey by the time it was all said and done, but really nice quality cover.

Ive got a Covercraft Evolution custom fit to the car. It was pretty expensive at around $200 for the cover and the lock shipped, but it was well worth it. I leave the car out all winter, so i wanted protection from the NJ climate. UV rays are also an issue with red paint fading, and this cover has UV protection. Here are some other features...

* Popular All-Weather Fabric
* Dent Protecting 4-Layer Construction
* Water & Dust Resistant
* Strong Polypropylene Fibers
* Insulates Vehicle Against Weather
* Warranty: 4 Years

It fits like a glove and i highly recommend it.