car died on the road, fuel pump does not prime

just took the car out to return some movies and it dies. turn the key fuel pump does not prime so i dont even bother tryin to start it up. the car is a 86 with everything from a 88 gt. converted to mass air. fuel pump is 2 years old with probably no more then 200 miles on it. i changed out the fuel pump relay and still dont hear it clicking. when i turn the key on. also i did that jump test, and fuel pump still did not turn on. lately i have been driving the car and it hasnt been showing problems at all except all of a sudden pulling out onto the road. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

alright well, problem is solved. i found a hot wire melted in the trunk of the car. wasnt even hooked up to anything is was spliced from the fuel pump relay. so i just cutt the wire down and taped it up just in case it needs to be hooked up. looks home made to me so i might just eliminate the wire

by any chance did the Inertia switch pop up.

in the trunk there may be a hole in the trim on the left side. if you look in the hole is there a red button. If so put your finger in it and push down to make sure its down