Car Dies With Spout Removed!!! - My Fix

Grabbin' Asphalt

5 Year Member
Jun 10, 2013
Atlanta, Ga
Hey peeps been a loooooong while cause im out on the road doing stuff in baseball, if anyone is in the Norwalk, CT area hit me up. Was in spring training with Bridgeport Bluefish, did well but I'm currently waiting on a roster spot to open.
In the mean time, this was my issue that just happened and maybe it can help someone else.
Just went through some symptoms of this, base at 10* of timing, pulled spout out car dies, leave spout in stays running, runs decent, drivable, but down on power, skips high rpms etc..
Turns out my old plug wires were arcing at the cap, on top of that the #6 plug boot/wire separated, broke in half when i was pulling it off the plug, so a cylinder was partially down or completely down.
Replaced wires and pull spout she runs perfect. Before this discovery I swapped my spare TFI module, No Change.

When i had my ratchet socket with extention loosing the distributor nut and adjusting distributor, while 5he socket was still resting on the nut the ratchet was resting across the top of the cap plugs, and the baby light show happened as the rotor was spinning, wasn't too scary but it found my issue fast lol
When I googled problems of car dies when Spout Removed, I didn't get to much info so I thought I'd help my boys out here incase someone is diagnosing these symptoms in the future :nice:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Check this pic out!! :eek:.....:canada:

asset-12.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
No my buddy got picked up by the Braves, Ian Thomas, he was just in a trade to the Dodgers. We played in Winnipeg together, but i did get a small role '42 the movie where I was Johnny Sain of the Boston Braves, the pitcher when Jackie Robinson he breaks the color barrier in his MLB debut for the Dodgers. As far as real life baseball, I've played for 5 different minor league teams, so I'm still working on things and climbing the ladder.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user