Car Is Finially Finished!!

MysteryMachine

Jun 21, 2003
Parkesburg, PA
well after almost 7 months the car is finially done. Finished it up tonight. Droped it off the jack stands fired it up with a little help of the jumper box and drove it around in the church lot behind my house. Little back ground on what I did. I took it for alignment months ago and was told the spindle was bent and something was wrong with the strut. Well Like always with me that turned into replacing a lot of otehr stuff endned up with

- KYB GR2 Struts & Gas Adjust shocks
- UCA's & LCA's
- Energy Suspension Sway Bar & Front Control Arm Bushings, Spring Isolators, and End Link Kit
- UPR 4 Bolt CC Plates & Bump Steer Kit
- Ball Joints
- Hubs
And painted things as I had them off pretty much everything got sprayed with paint while it was off. also cleaned up the rims. The front rims need polished more but I wanted the car done I can finish them on the car.

It was a long process not having the right tools (MM Axle bushing removal tool worked great after I broke down and spent the money on it), the weather, and starting to date my wonderful GF. I left the car sit to spend time with her. After all this I still wonder if the spindle was even bent because there was a big rubber doughnut looking thing on the driver side strut under the dust boot which I would think would throw that side off and maybe make the spindle look bent.

heres a few pics of before and after and i'll try and get some tomorrow for the full deal 9 I know the rotors likke like **** but after hittign the brakes a few times they will look better actually already do

Rear Before:
View attachment 497176

Rear After:
View attachment 497178

Front Before:
View attachment 497180

Front After: (have to get one tomorrow with the rim on)
View attachment 497182

Under Hood Before: (kinda hard to see in this pic but theres a big hunk of wires covered by split loom running down the driver side fender area)
View attachment 497184

Under Hood After: (notice wires are gone. I ran them into the inside of the fender :nice: )
View attachment 497186

The whole car is dirty I know, the engine needs a bath but its done. Gotta find out about inspection and alignment tomorrow. I shouldn't need emissions this time hardly drive it so it should be a quick inspection. Everything seems good so far I heard a thumping noise every once in a while coming from the back but not sure if it was all the tools laying back there moving or something else my dad said might be the new stuff settling. I'll find out when I get all the tools out.

Thanks everybody that helped me along the way with this project. Should be the last for a while don't wanna start anything else untill I have my own house with a garage

• Sponsors (?)

mytight95 said:
i listened to the vid on your site, exhaust sounds nice, overall the car looks good. like how you cleaned up that one area on the front caliper instead of paiting it....

:nice:

jason

You talking about the caliper bracket the silver part? if you are that is painted its high heat aluminum with high heat clear. Don't knwo if anybody else ever had this happen but if you just use the alum. its really bright the clear dulls it down a lot looks better i think.

Keven yeah i do but also not much goes with sublime green. grabber green is the closest thing i've found to it anf i think it looks good other then going with some other color. If I would have paints my claipers say red i think it would have looked really off and ****ty. I think the contrasting grabber and silver look great on the car. Its not a "Holy **** look at them bright red calipers on that thing them colors don't match at all". Its subtle lol if thats possible with my car :rolleyes:

Looking good Jinx, that paintjob is one NOT to be missed at carshows...:laugh:

Sure you've been asked this before, but what happened to the rear quarter panel on your drivers side, around the side scoop?

it was like that when i bought the car. Kid was hit like 2 weeks before he sold it. Said he couldn't see spending the detuctabe on a car he was gonna sell. Thats 1 of the things i was hoping to get done last year when it was in the shop but couldn't get the money to get it done

gets aligned tomorrow at 1 :banana: Just getting normal alignment for now. Looked at MM's website and they say it has to be aligned before you check bumpsteer anyway so we'll see how it drives and if I have too guess i'll buy a guage to do it myself. I'm so freaking excited but then I hear more about poss snow this week :Damnit: :bang:

Nacho lol I don't know what size Paul is ya'll need to post some pics up. Then if he's a little boy like he acts I'll leave him alone LOL JK Paul. He's actaully cool he has been filling in for you I pick on him now all the time.