Car is stumbling

Does anyone know why my car kind of bogs down when I step on the gas pedal too far? It never was this bad but it used to do it only when I floored it too far to the floor. But now it does it when I come off of a stop sign and it seems like the car gets overwhelmed and bogs it self down. Or when I am going down the road and I have to kind of ease into the pedal to go fast. I have new plugs and wires, all motorcraft and the cap and rotor isn’t that old and that is Borg Warner. I was wondering if it could be my computer because it has a dent in it from a previous wreck but it still throws codes. I have the stock PJ computer and I am also going to put in the La3 when I get the chance. Or could it be fuel related. I have the stock SVO pumps on the car. What are those rated at? (lph) Would it be possible to get a 255lph pump and delete the frame mounted one and just have one in tank pump to control everything if it turned out to be fuel related? Thanks for any ideas

• Sponsors (?)

SVOconvLX85 said:
But it only does it when I mash on the pedal. It doesn't do it when I gradually increase the throttle

Have you ran a "Key on" "Key off" code check? If so what codes are you getting?

Have you checked for vaccum leaks? dumb question I know but that is what always gets me :D

By chance are you using green top injectors?

No my SVO came with the brown tops and one of those was shooting a jet stream out while the others were doing the right thing, so I got some of those Tomco flat top black 35 pounders. They say they are usually the replacements for the stock injectors and my car idles fine since I changed the injectors. It has never idled that great since I fixed the problem

SVOconvLX85 said:
No my SVO came with the brown tops and one of those was shooting a jet stream out while the others were doing the right thing, so I got some of those Tomco flat top black 35 pounders. They say they are usually the replacements for the stock injectors and my car idles fine since I changed the injectors. It has never idled that great since I fixed the problem

So you saying when you bought this car new it came with a set of brown top 35lb injectors with a PJ EEC thats not calibrated for them :scratch: Why didn't you take it back to the dealer and ask for the correct injector size :shrug: