car overheating at idle and peeing coolant. help please

JymboSlice

Dec 9, 2008
Hey, i just finished building a motor for my car using MMR's street mod 1000 engine kit and a teksid aluminum block. After putting everything together once, i found out the right TF head had bent all of its valves and cracked all of the rocker arms in half, due to the timing being F'd up. Anyways, got that stuff fixed and put it all back together and started it up on the first crank. idled perfectly and sounded healthy but within 10 minutes of idling the temp is reallllyy hot and then the car starts peeing coolant from the reservoir. we let it cool down for a little bit, i change a few fan settings in the tuner and we start it up again. this time, it still over heats and starts peeing coolant by the tranny (2 spots its dripping). ALSO, whenever i rev the car up to 2.5k, it always revs up then slowly starts revving down.

the car has 42lb injectors with fuel rails, and a focus fuel pump. also TF heads, paxton blower, stage 2 cams, p51 intake, built motor etc. with a tune from MPH loaded on the sct tuner. I added the heads after the tune was written though.

What can be the possible problems for me? any help would be appreciated greatly. thank you, jimmy

• Sponsors (?)

Yep sounds like you're catching an air pocket in your coolant system and not moving much/any coolant and causing a pressure buildup. After I replaced my intake manifold, I tried burping the system and got a bit of the air out, but after driving it a couple of times I had to keep adding coolant and letting the air out of the system. All's good now.

Hopefully that's the extent of your issues.