Car Running Horrible After Maf Dropped.. Damage?

RioRed95Cobra

Apr 7, 2017
Ok.. so.. car was a '95 cobra.. pretty much stock except for all the bolt ons.. ran great.

Had a fender bender.. turned out the car had other issues in the frame from previous owner, so we did the entire swap over to a lil old lady owned v6..

Took 6 ish months, got everything swapped, put vortech s trim on along with 42's, 90mm lightning maf, 255 in tank, all the usual bs.. car started and ran GREAT..

During the 10 or 15 mins it idled and we were looking it over etc.. the MAF fell out of the fenderwell, apparently we didn't secure it very well or forgot.. so.. ok no biggie right? Ordered a new one.. same MAF, but right from Ford this time..

Now it runs like complete hell. I've done the idle reset, bought a new IAC, reset tps, new plugs gapped at .035", etc.. exactly the same way it was before.. it will NOT run right.. it runs better with the damn MAF unplugged.. and even then the car shakes and such like it's misfiring..

I have an EGR delete plate on it, the smog pump is gone and all of the TAB/TAD sensors are gone and the lines removed. The upper intake vaccuum hoses are run from the drivers side underneath (to pcv) and the pass side are capped.. these are the 2 on the underside of the upper intake.. is that right?

I'm seriously going in circles here.. and i'm losing my mind lol. About to put the old 24's and stock MAF back on and see if that changes anything.. but ugh.. it ran great before!

Then the MAF fell out.. could I have done any damage to the computer or anything else when that happened? Could I have fouled out the 02's while the car was running rich? They are old and pretty carbonized...

Thanks for any ideas...

Timing is set to 10* btdc.. shrug.

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone wanna buy a mustang? I can't believe this. Put old stuff in.. fired up, idled perfect.. turned it off.. waited 10 mins to simulate going into the store... now it's back to running pig rich, shaking, just running EXACTLY like it was before..

OMFG.. I'm done.

Ok lets back up a few feet.
Did you drive the car any after you did the swap over to the v6 body and before you put the s trim on?

Nope. Put both cars up on jack stands in my garage and pulled em apart so I could match up all the stuff I needed as far as wiring harnesses and what not.. not the best on electrical.. but I manage.

I had all kinds of parts in my closet ready to go on the '95 cobra.. I had an incident and the car ended up getting tagged in the front.. after ripping it apart I found all kinds of other bs wrong with it, and decided to just get a donor.. I found a little old lady owned v6 5sp of the same year, and got it for $400 with a blown head gasket.. car is straight as an arrow and smells new still.

Took em both down 90% or more.. on went the Team Z tubular K member, tubular arms, strange 10 way adjustable struts, team z coilover setup, Max Motorsports extreme LCA's, Koni Reds out back, racecraft springs in rear, team z street spec in front on coils.. bbk 70mm t. body.. lightning 90mm maf, 42lb injectors, walbro 255 in tank, vortech S trim at 9/10 lbs.. Probably a bunch of crap i'm missing too..

Have replaced many pieces.. but lookin' at just getting a motorcraft IAC.. new ECT and IAT, and probably an aeromotive adj. FPR.. i'm tired of doing this and i'm just going to replace everything lol.. damn near have a new car..

Why not finish it off? Fugg.

:(

The addition of the s trim is going to be beyond my experience, all I can tell you is make sure you have all the grounds secured, the computer system is very dependent on them.
As for the s trim addition lets see if @a91what can help or knows someone here that has some experience with them