Engine Car Sat For A Week, Now Has A Loud Tick

A couple weeks ago I had some sewing machine ticking from my valve train. I run Holley Aluminum heads, crane cam rockers, and hyd lifters. So I went through and retorqued everything to spec. Perrred like a kitten and ran better too. Then I smoked the clutch, been sitting for a couple weeks so today I started it up, pretty loud tick. Let it sit for 5-10 min to see if it would go away...stayed.
Could the hydraulic lifters be the cause? I pulled the intake and valve covers back of to inspect and there is no broken parts or bent rods. Oil pressure shows good and it has plenty of oil. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

check your push rods if they can turn,,recheck rockers...see if a rocker is off center..you can use a pushrod to test is you can a weak one put some oil on top and pump it lightly
do you have stock headers on engine? if not may be a gasket leak

try and isolate the clicking noise with the car running. There are several methods to listen in on a sound- wooden dowel, stethoscope, large piece of fuel hose, placed on the valve covers and to your ear. Is the reason you smoked the clutch due to high rpm launches? You could have either collapsed a lifter, bent a pushrod or rocker shaft or a weak spring. As memtioned. check to see all the valvetrain is snug and the pushrods are not bent. All of the rockers should be centered on the valve stem and the springs not binding or collapsed, Crank over the motor a few times with the covers off to see the valvetrain move and to hear any noise.