Car Shudders While De-accelerating?

XJay

Sep 7, 2004
When I'm on the highway doing 60-90, my car shudders a good bit while de-accelerating - what is causing this, and what can I do about it (I'm pretty sure it can't be good)?

• Sponsors (?)

My tires are new....I had them put on by Big10 Tires, then went back two weeks later for a front-end alignment (was having to seriously budget). They told me they couldn't do it unless I purchased two new inner tire rods, and I didn't have the money for that, so I didn't get the alignment.

So took it over to Firestone, asked them to do the alignment, and check the front-end suspension for me. They said everything was fine, including the rods. That was back in January, and I've been driving 100+ miles Monday through Friday since then (I work an hour and a half away, and won't be able tomove until sometime in March)....

I had the same problem with my 95. Under any kind of deceleration it would shake terrible. It wasnt until I pulled my V6 out to put the V8 in that I realized that the pilot bearing was completely shot. That will definately cause a serious decel. shake.

Hope you find it,
T

<b>Would imbalanced tires and/or worn shocks on the front end make the steering feel *slightly* lagging in response, as well as vibrate the entire car during acceleration and de-acceleration?</b>

I have a similar problem with my 96 but the vibration is mainly felt through the steering wheel (it moves a good inch back and forth), but it only happens during braking. It doesnt always happen, and its usually random as far as I can tell. Anything to look at besides the rotors and pads?