CAR STARTS CUTTING OUT FROM 4 TO 5000 RPMS?

LETHALFORDS

May 28, 2009
I STARTED CUTTING OUT IN HIGH RPMS FORM 4000 TO 5000.
IT HAD STOCK FUEL REGULATOR AND FUEL FILTER CHANGED BOTH. AND PUT NEWER INJECTORS(PINK TOPS) AND IT WAS RUNNING REAL GOOD. THEN IT STARTED CUTTING OUT AGAIN.
SO IF U GUYS COULD HELP, LET ME KNO
THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

:welcome: to :SNSign:

Turn off caps lock.

Does it have any codes? What size injectors are pink tops? That's a new one on me. What MAF do you have? Do you have any mods? Having a signature which lists your modifications makes diagnosing problems easier.

lol sorry about the cap lock.

umm the pink tops, im not positive my buddy gave them to me. some say they are 19lbs and some say 22lbs there off of my buddys 03 gt before he put a kb on it.
and the maf is a 60 i believe. And just had a full rebuild with a b303 cam roller rockers , port and polished , thats pretty much bbk intake . i think thats pretty much it

one of my buddys said spark plugs and one said distributor or i need a 6al box.
and one said i need sct chip. so i dont kno i think its vacume or spark?
so ????

Pink injectors came in 03-04GT's and they are 21lbs.

First, change the spark plugs and gap them at .048-.052. I had a cutting out problem on a stock 5.0L from the same RPM range and the plugs was my problem. They were worn to a whopping gap of .072. Car ran great after the change. Just buy some Motorcrafts, no need for fancy 8-10 dollar a peice plugs.

If that doesn't do it, keep the same plugs in and go back to a 19lb orange injector.

• Grounded out plug wire
  • bad spark plugs
  • nasty dizzy cap
  • nasty rotor button
  • sensor inside the dizzy (usually causes car to miss after warm up and it's in no certain rpm range)
  • vacuum leak
  • lack of fuel (injectors/fuel pump/pressure regulator problem)
  • fuel pressure set to high or low (with adjustable fpr)

Curious, but why did you think you needed to swap out your injectors? The stock orange top injectors are good well into the 300hp N/A range. And based on your mods, your car isn't making anything close to that.

You don't need any msd stuff won't do anything but burn a hole in your pocket.

Mine car broke up at 5000 and up when it had 1.7 rockers and a crane 2031 cam, it was worn valve springs.
Not sure if 1.6 rockers and a b cam are enough to float valves, but it's always a possibility.

all valve springs are new! only about 4000 miles on motor.

and y would i have to recalibrate my mass air?
it was doing the same thing with 19lb injectors.

but before i replace the upper intake , egr and throttle body and injectors.
it ran good.(cept for the egr was done for and i was missing vacume lines.
so i pulled the upper , got a whole other one with egr and throttle body and vacume lines and all that. startd driving it and it started cuttung out on me in top end. so i figured FUEL so changed injectors , fuel filter , fuel regulator , and plugs.
and still does it seems like not enough fuel? or spark i guess.

does anyone kno what the timeing should be at with a B cam? is it stock?

Have you done a thorough check of your spark plugs and wires? The issue you are describing sounds exactly like what happens when a plug wire starts arching to the block or the header or whatever for any number of different reasons.

Start the car at night in a very dark place and pop the hood. Carefully, look at each plug and wire and see if you can see any arching.

Good luck...