Car studders on hard right hand corners? Help?

GTPTim

Mar 25, 2004
Corning, NY
Hey guys,
When getting onto the highway on one of those real sharp 270deg turn on-ramps, when I am in the last leg of the ramp, and floor it to merge into traffic, still going around the corner the car spudders and spits, hesitates, etc. after a few seconds it just snaps back to normal- no warning, nothing, just all of a sudden it's fine. It doesn't matter how much gas is in the tank- the previous owner (I just bought the car 3 wks ago) said the fuel pump was replaced, wonder if there's some sort of guard/shield, etc that he didn't put back in. Hmmmm.
Any thoughts? It does that sometimes when going straight too, almost feels like a small shot of n20 when it finally snaps back into normal. Weird.
Oh, just replaced the plugs, cap, rotor, and re-timed it to 14 deg. Wires may need to be replaced

• Sponsors (?)

i had the same problem

first check all of your connections. Check your fuel pressure, stock is 38psi. I had the same problem when I was running WAY too rich. There was too much fuel and it wouldnt let the plug spark.
james

i wonder if that can happen if the inertia switch is on the fritz? just thought i would toss that out for someone to shoot down.
good luck.

Hmm that's interesting because the fuel pump is REALLY loud- I wonder if he swapped in a Whinebro or something like that- without a FPR, that would definitely make me run rich. I need an FPR/gauge combo for my turbo kit, so I might as well do it now. :)
Oh, I noticed as well, I put $15 worth of premium gas in 'er this morning, and it didn't seem to do it this morning. I couldn't take it that hard, cuz all my interior is is my seat and belts, my radio's just sitting on the floor, cuz I installed new carpet last night and didn't finish it - so the radio flew across the car when i hit that curve. So, I couldn't try it at full tilt.
I wonder if it is something to do with a baffle or something in the tank that's missing- Wouldn't surprise me after all the crap I found wrong with this 'premium stang'. :mad: :nonono:
Oh well, stuff to think about. .