car warms up but no heat

lmarinukjr

Oct 22, 2005
everything works when u change from the floor to vents etc. car warms up. but air coming out is just warm barely the cable seems to be working ive changed the thermostat and flushed the antifreeze and the water pump and timing cover gasket. but it was the same way before i did all the work

• Sponsors (?)

Heater core is in the dash, If you take the glove box door down, you can see the temp cable. Follow the end to where it connects to the heater box and see if it has a full range of motion when the temp knob is rotated.

blake89stang said:
im goin to feel stupid for asking but where is the heater core? i never realy paid any attention to where it is:nonono:
I am shocked you have never done this! I would think that if the heater core was plugged you might smell coolant inside as the system will still be pressured, but maybe not. I did on one of mine when it did that. Yes its true you have to remove the dash and it sucks royally. After three I have it down to about 2 hours... First time might take ya 4 or 5...:notnice:

This thread has my full attention as I have the same problem.
Even when the engine is hot, I get at best a warm breeze from the
heater. Problem seems worse since I changed the thermostat.
And the heater core makes noise like a bubbly waterfall at times, but
is not leaking. I thought maybe there is an air bubble in it?
If so, how to make it right???

It is either your heater core or it could just be clogged by corrosion where the rubber heater hoses attatch to the feed tubes for the heater core inside the thengine compartment. I had this problem in my ford pick-up but did not realize the cause until I rebuilt the engine and changed the heater hoses in the process.