Car won't start, low on options

miller92063

Oct 12, 2005
Nebraska
Aside from the battery light staying on when off, My car doesn't want to do what is is supposed to, Run.
Today, on the first try, the car started up and idled just a little rough. I'm not
%100 sure it was rough because i just did a H/C/I swap. I can tell you that when it ran, it sounded Bad @$$!
Now after shuting it off for 5-10 minutes it will not start back up. the motor cranks, but doesn't start. Fuel pressure drops to 0 when not cranking within 5-15 seconds. My only geuss is that it is not getting any/enough fuel.

FPregulator?
Fuel pump(replaced last summer with 255)?
Is getting spark.
Did battery relocation as well.
I also got a lasota mail tune.

thank you

• Sponsors (?)

The fuel issue sounds like the problem. Your fuel pressure should be holding steady after it primes. If you hear the pump priming, take a look at your FPR. If the diaphragm inside is damaged at all, it'll allow your fuel pressure to bleed off. I'm not sure if you can pull codes with the chip installed, but do you have any CCRM codes if you're able to pull them? I wonder if the fuel pump is getting signal from the CCRM to run? Sometimes the FP code can be a ghost code if there was a small hiccup in the system, so don't rely on that one too heavily, but it may give you a starting point. Do you still have the factory regulator to toss on temporarily?