Carberated 331 Going In Fox 91

Chevyscott

Aug 27, 2017
hey everyone I did quick search found some good info on my project.
Question I have is I have engine builder throwing together a 331 and I setting things up to do the install car currently has no engine or trans in place I began today on the passenger side of car removing and disconnecting ac gone and airbag stuff removed
I'd like to run my stock heater system I want to run this thing all year round
So what should be done to save the control aspect of the heat system of course heater core and hoses stay
I have no computer in car and want to start to remove everything How much can I remove with out loosing power locks Windows radio interior lights
Head lights like the main chassis circuits
Also I want to remove the harness hole for re sale
I'm a Chevy guy but had 3 stangs and love them this ones going to stay so I really appreciate your patience and help thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.

I'll move your thread over to our '79-'95 tech subforum. You'll get lots of help there.

Any particular reason you'll be switching to a carburetor?

It's good to have you with us.

Last edited:
honestly I understand the argument about efi being better I agree in most cases however I'm Having a really reputable guy build me a engine and he suggested it would cheaper to go carb

Me not having anyone local to trust I figured listen to the guy with all the fast cars in the area.
If there's a mustang guy like big daddy that used to be in jersey and he said efi is the only way and was helping me I'd probly listen to him
I have to learn from someone at some point and trust the experience over mine
For instance like when I chopped my first car I trusted a guy I just met to help me cut the roof off of my dream car at the time
It came out awesome
Or built my Camaro with a turbo 350 instead of 700r4 cuz my Chevy buddy told me they handle more power

I like carburetors, so no grief from me.

It does hurt the resale value, if that matters to you.

There are some really knowledgeable techs here concerning efi, if it interests you though.

You'll like it here, really helpful group of guys.

honestly I understand the argument about efi being better I agree in most cases however I'm Having a really reputable guy build me a engine and he suggested it would cheaper to go carb

Me not having anyone local to trust I figured listen to the guy with all the fast cars in the area.
If there's a mustang guy like big daddy that used to be in jersey and he said efi is the only way and was helping me I'd probly listen to him
For instance like when I chopped my first car I trusted a guy I just met to help me cut the roof off of my dream car at the time
It came out awesome
Or built my Camaro with a turbo 350 instead of 700r4 cuz my Chevy buddy told me they handle more power
With a 331 get a high flow intake manifold 30 or 42lb injectors with matching maf.... that's all it needs to stay efi.....
how much for that and a computer cause I don't have one ?
The I m getting 400 plus hp

It came out awesome

how much for that and a computer cause I don't have one ?
The I m getting 400 plus hp
Injectors run anywhere from 200-500 depending where you buy them. A good maf will run you a few hundred, shop around check eBay for stuff. I recommend a proM maf. The ecu is hit or miss when it comes to finding one an a9l or a9p would work well.

I happen to know someone with a a9l and 30lb injectors.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
Also can I run a stock tank with carb if I run a bypass fuel regulator
Or should I look for a sumped tank
Guy selling one for 350 on line
Aeromotive with an fittings
I was hoping to keep stock tank
Any thoughts
Also I have some parts for sale

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    615.2 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    606.7 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    584.8 KB · Views: 141
I'm good friends with big daddy (saw him yesterday), he's still in NJ (if that's where you are).
He works out of another shop now. The dyno is with him, but I've know him long enough to know he's want you to run 30's with the right meter and be done with it.
If you want i'll get you in touch with him.

I'm good friends with big daddy (saw him yesterday), he's still in NJ (if that's where you are).
He works out of another shop now. The dyno is with him, but I've know him long enough to know he's want you to run 30's with the right meter and be done with it.
If you want i'll get you in touch with him.
Do you own a Saleen explorer?
I think I recognize your car

Lol why not run that manifold with the elbow, a 75mm tb and 30lb injectors. A9l ecu, 90mm lightning MAF with a chip to make it work with rhe 30lbers.....

Btw I happen to have all of that in a box. Just sayin.
Lol cuze I didn't know you yesterday and all I have to go on is that this intake is only for super charger setup that what I was told by the seller
So let's start from scratch
I get my engine built
Heads to oil pain
I throw this intake on there
All those parts in your box
And this thing will run
Plug in and go
Ok how much and where are you ?

Lol cuze I didn't know you yesterday and all I have to go on is that this intake is only for super charger setup that what I was told by the seller
I get my engine built
Heads to oil pain
And this thing will run
Plug in and go
First let's get the specs of what you are building, need to be sure the heads,cam,intake all work together. Last thing you want is this thing to run like poo.
For the details on my parts shoot me a PM. You can do that by selecting my profile and starting a conversation with me.

Lol why not run that manifold with the elbow, a 75mm tb and 30lb injectors. A9l ecu, 90mm lightning MAF with a chip to make it work with rhe 30lbers.....

Btw I happen to have all of that in a box. Just sayin.
I get my engine built
Heads to oil pain
And this thing will run
Plug in and go
Yes, a black one.
not to get to personal on here but I know your youngest bro you probly know me if you seen i I had lots of cars
20O1 stang when it was new silver
My buddy Anthony d
Had lots of cars
Funny stuff we looked up to you car for years bro cam out awesome !!

Will it run? Yes.
However, there is a lot of untapped performance without an intake that is matched to your plan for the car - hot street, street/strip or pure racecar.

Short runner manifolds like the one in your picture are meant for high RPM operation or with pressurized induction. They are not the best choice for an NA street driven car.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user