Carburetor Help - 65 Inline Six

pickneters

Nov 15, 2014
I know it would be cheaper to rebuild myself, just curious how difficult it is....

Can't seem to find one to purchase that fits this setup. Just bought the car looking for a daily driver.

Is electric choke better?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417566575629.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417566575629.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 177
  • Sponsors (?)

that looks like an aussie 250 2v head, and as i recall is uses the standard holley two barrel mounting pattern, which means a holley 2300 or autolite 2100 should bolt right in place of what you have now, since it is a holley 2300. you can get the carb from most any ford V8 with a two barrel carb, i suggest something like a C-code 289, or a 302 powered mustang ll or maverick.

but rebuilding the carb you have is quite easy.

If you have made improvements, it may need different jets. At least this means he will make sure it is running well and the choke is adjusted when it is back together.

Yea that's what he told me. He said it's important the carb matches the motor

this is true. it is important to match the fuel flow to what the engine needs. otherwise you get too much or too little fuel, in the case of the old inline six too much fuel with the two barrel conversion, and performance and fuel economy suffer.

This is probably a dumb question, but should I run premium?

Also is it ok to get an alignment at a regular place like tires plus? I will be getting tires and they usually offer a deal if you get a package.

This is probably a dumb question, but should I run premium?

do you need premium? does the engine detonate under load? if not then dont. only run higher octane fuels if you need them, otherwise they are a waste of money.

Also is it ok to get an alignment at a regular place like tires plus? I will be getting tires and they usually offer a deal if you get a package.

as long as the techs know what they are doing, then yes, get the wheel alignment where ever you like. you may have to supply them with the specs you want though.