Cat-back Setup

DRock9

Aug 22, 2006
I currently have BBK Headers/Mac O/R H-Pipe/Stock Cat-back and my main reason for keeping it stock is that it won't give me that much HP...but my exhaust shop said they could do Magnaflow's dumped for $250 and with tails $400. I am considering getting them dumped but I am not sure on the sound volume...I ran for 2 weeks with only 2-cats+1/2 of my H-Pipe+no mufflers/tails would it be louder than that? Also I still have my stock tails, could I just have her put those back on or would it hurt my HP/Sound?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

All i gotta say is thats a ridiculous price to pay. Considering the Flowmaster Cat back system is cheaper than that and goes on using just clamps. Took all of 45 minutes to install for me.

BTW, sound is more or less opinion.

As far as volume. a car with a muffler/cat-back should be a little more silent than one without.

I dont think you got what I was saying, my car had Headers + Half of my H-pipe with only 2 cats. Would that be louder or quieter than Headers + O/R H-Pipe + Dumped Magnaflows?

Just to be crystal clear, the first setup had no piping after the breather tube on the H-pipe...it was basically open headers but with 2 cats on the car, not 4.

I think I might have her let me start it with just the mufflers...no tails/dumps and if I like it I will keep it. Would putting the stock tails back on hurt my HP/Sound or should I go with new tails?

The stockers are only about a year old.

dumps will make way loader in the car, but shouldn't be as load as just 2 cats on for sure. Tailpipe will give it a differnt tone out the back and not be as load as either setup. theres my 2 cents. I've had both on my car before, and I perfer out the back the best.

Ok thanks, i think I will have her try both...but will I be gimping my performance or sound by putting the stock tailpipes back on? Or would it be better to go with all new pipes? I am more concerned with sound because I know a cat-back will give me maybe like 5-6hp...

Thanks!