catback 2.5" or 3"?

Unless you have plans on running a really high boost twin screw (25+psi) in the future I think you're better off with the 2.5 inch. The 3 inch is overkill unless you are passing some serious spent gas. You need to maintain a small amount of back pressure for the engine to run at peak efficiency.

U.M.

I think my Magnaflows have 3.5 in tips. They fill up the bumper cutouts quite well.

You could always go for the 3lb coffee can tips if you really want to impress the ricers. That's what I do when I go out cruising....

U.M.

Attachments

• tips2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 709
I gained 2 mph consistently with the MAC 3" over the 2.5 Stinger kit I had. I also noticed a considerable seat-of-the-pants difference top end. I did lose a little down low on torque on the dyno, but it pulls harder up top.

I do have plans for a twin screw though and that is the only reason I got the 3".

But for the record, before the 3" I ran 120, now I run 121.5-122 consistently.

I like the 3.5 tips the best, but my old Borla 4" tips looked sick. If you do go 2.5 though, buy the SLP double wall tips....those are awesome. I even have a brand new unused set if you are interested.