Hi,
I'm tracking down an issue I'm having with my 95 mustang....I belive that its the CCRM but am open to suggestions.
I'm not getting the initial startup/sound from the fuel pump with I turn on the ignition nor am I seeing any fuel pressure (Phantom gauges). I know I'm getting power to the pump since I bypassed the relay (Procharger P1sc system) and made sure the the inertia relay works as well. I've checked all the fuses, connections, etc.
I then removed the CCRM connection and followed some suggestions I've herd on this board as well as from here:
http://www.mustang-tech.org/wiki/94-95_Mustangs_Electrical_CCRM
Here is what i followed:
I checked the power/pins going into the CCRM....is there another way?
1. Check the inertia switch in the trunk and the fuel pump fuse in the underhood fuse box (20 amps). Also check the ignition switch fuses. With the key turned to run and checking within the fuel pump prime-out period (a duration of 2-5 seconds after turning the key to run) Checked - everything seems OK
2. Check CCRM pin 5 for accessory 12 volts. Checked - No reading from my meter, also when I accedently made contact with Pin 4, the pump started and I had fuel Pressuer
If you have it, the issue lies downstream. If not: Check CCRM Pin 11 for constant 12 volts. Checked - have 12 volts
Check CCRM Pin 13 for accessory 12 volts. Checked - have 12 volts
Check CCRM Pin 18 for a ground signal during the prime-out
How do I check this?
If this is all good, check the inertia switch (located in the driver side trunk, adjacent the tail light) and fuel pump electrical connector at the tank.
I also followed some the EEC troubleshooting and am finding that pins 12,24 only are getting about 3v max....this seems to suggest the EEC relay is bad inside.
Any suggestions on where/what to check.
Robert
I'm tracking down an issue I'm having with my 95 mustang....I belive that its the CCRM but am open to suggestions.
I'm not getting the initial startup/sound from the fuel pump with I turn on the ignition nor am I seeing any fuel pressure (Phantom gauges). I know I'm getting power to the pump since I bypassed the relay (Procharger P1sc system) and made sure the the inertia relay works as well. I've checked all the fuses, connections, etc.
I then removed the CCRM connection and followed some suggestions I've herd on this board as well as from here:
http://www.mustang-tech.org/wiki/94-95_Mustangs_Electrical_CCRM
Here is what i followed:
I checked the power/pins going into the CCRM....is there another way?
1. Check the inertia switch in the trunk and the fuel pump fuse in the underhood fuse box (20 amps). Also check the ignition switch fuses. With the key turned to run and checking within the fuel pump prime-out period (a duration of 2-5 seconds after turning the key to run) Checked - everything seems OK
2. Check CCRM pin 5 for accessory 12 volts. Checked - No reading from my meter, also when I accedently made contact with Pin 4, the pump started and I had fuel Pressuer
If you have it, the issue lies downstream. If not: Check CCRM Pin 11 for constant 12 volts. Checked - have 12 volts
Check CCRM Pin 13 for accessory 12 volts. Checked - have 12 volts
Check CCRM Pin 18 for a ground signal during the prime-out
How do I check this?
If this is all good, check the inertia switch (located in the driver side trunk, adjacent the tail light) and fuel pump electrical connector at the tank.
I also followed some the EEC troubleshooting and am finding that pins 12,24 only are getting about 3v max....this seems to suggest the EEC relay is bad inside.
Any suggestions on where/what to check.
Robert