Centerforce dual friction Q's

Sevan

Founding Member
Dec 4, 2001
IL
I'm in the process of replacing my clutch, but the only thing I wanna replace is the disc. Centerforce said that Ford Racing is the only one that carries it and thats fine, but the tech said I could send in the disc and pressure plate to Centerforce, for them to test the springs on the pressure plate???? this is off their website "Centerforce Dual-Friction pressure plates feature their patented centrifugal weight system " so where does the spring test come into play?

Has anyone dealt with this?

http://www.centerforce.com/clutches.tpl?cart=11710464751966424&subsection=clutchtypes

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The weights that are attached to the pressure plate fingers come into play at higher RPM's. Those weights try and fling out at high RPM which applies more pressure to the disc. The springs built into the pressure plate do all the work at lower RPM's until those weights really get flinging.

I am using a McLeod clutch disk with my Centerforce 2 pressure plate. My pressure plate only had about 1k on it before I upgraded to the TKO so I didn't have many worries about either of them in my situation.
Kevin