Cervinis cobra kit???

Hello,
I’m doing a 93 cobra clone out of my 90LX. Has anyone installed a cervinis kit? I have concerns about how the side skirts mount… being double taped along the rocker under the door, has anyone experienced clearance issues when closing the door?
I’ve also heard about how tight the rear bumper fits. In some cases, even cracking at the corners under the taillights because of the tension.
Has anyone experienced any of these issues or any other potential problems with this kit?

BW

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have experience with the whole kit, just a rear bumper cover that was a double sided tape install. I modified it to use mount brackets similar to OEM.

I think the corner cracking is a function of excessive weight on the rear. I am planning to rig up a support that will take some pressure off those corners.

IMG_1666.JPG IMG_1672.JPG IMG_1673.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

It was tricky and did require stretching things a bit to get it on, I am much more confident that it is securely on.

Neat idea. So on GT rear bumper extensions and I’m assuming the factory cobra rear bump have a lip on the underside with a metal bracket like what you made. The cervinis bumper doesn’t look to have that lip and your bracket is sitting on top. What is your method to affixing it to the bumper for mounting to the quarter panel?

I made a bracket that mimics the factory GT bracket. I then notched the (reproduction) Cobra rear cover to get the studs to fit in the right spot. I then fibreglassed the bracket to the bumper cover. I had to stretch the Cobra cover to get them into the quarter panel holes but then just had to bolt them down to hold in place.

IMG_1750.JPG
Fibreglassed into place

20180531_214842.jpg
During final prep before painting, you can see the studs mounted to rear cover.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user