Changing rear brakes

94GTMOOSE

Jun 27, 2005
jersey shore
today i was helping a buddy change his back brakes, which soounds pretty simple, but turned out to be a pain in the ass. First when we took the caliper off we noticed that one side of the pads was worn all the way, and the other was like new. then when i tried to push the piston back in using a ratchet and brake tool, we realized that there was no way in hell that i was going to be able to turn it in. So then i broke out the Air ratchet, and placed the caliper on bracket with no rotor or pads this way neither of us had to hold the caliper in place. After getting the piston to finally go in, We realized that the two pins were seaized casuing the problem witht the pads. Now neither of us have any clue in how we are going to get these thing un sezied.

What do you think i have to do to get them unsezied?

• Sponsors (?)

to get mine out i bolted the caliper back up to the pins but without the pads, then proceded to beat on the caliper with a hammer untill it came unstuck

ive also heard you can drill a small hole and use a punch to get em out

If you get them loose most likely they will seize again in short amount of time. I went to ford and i think for 75.00 i had both new brackets with pins. I always check the grease in there when i have them off. No problems since.

I once had that problem. I took the bracket to a Ford dealership and believe it or not they unseized it byusing heat and did not charge one penny. I reused the bracket but greased the hell out it (both sides). No problems since. Peace

Methodical said:
I once had that problem. I took the bracket to a Ford dealership and believe it or not they unseized it byusing heat and did not charge one penny. I reused the bracket but greased the hell out it (both sides). No problems since. Peace
i bought a whole new rear caliper/bracket when i did mine, i think it was around $65 from autozone

i loaded up those sliders with antisieze