Charcoal Cannister: Needed?

I just realized, thats a big pump you got there @Reddevil91
how much power you trying to put down down ?
Well I’m gonna push my current block for what she’s worth. Just slapped my 11r 190s on, injectors and pro-m 80, longtubes etc all new exhaust set up. Gonna tune it, well not me but a guy will using sct. Just gonna play with it for a little bit while I make a decision on what damn blower I want to get. More than likely a V3 with possibly a cxr intercooler kit they make for the v3. I would like to be in the 4-500 range after said and done.

• Sponsors (?)

Gonna dredge this one up for a question. I noticed my 89 was missing a cap, so I ordered a new canister (along with other parts, you know how Rock Auto works). The new canister didn’t come with caps like I thought it would. I have one cap, do I need two? Seems like from reading this thread that there should be two for it to be right. Where do you get these from, no parts stores seem to have them.

No, they do not come with the two caps, only place I found to get them was foxresto.com, $10 apiece. I would hit a junk er, salvage yard and look at any ford with a 5.0 push rod engine from the mid 80s to late 90s, you should be able to find them. Likely for free.

Reactions: 1 user
No, they do not come with the two caps, only place I found to get them was foxresto.com, $10 apiece. I would hit a junk er, salvage yard and look at any ford with a 5.0 push rod engine from the mid 80s to late 90s, you should be able to find them. Likely for free.

Or the dead 4 cyl car that lives up the street and hasn’t moved in 10 years.... ;). I’d probably get bit by something if I tried that!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user