Charging Problem HELP!! Need to get ready for the track tomorrow

I bought my car 2 weeks ago and the alternator was shot. so I spent $150 on a new one from shucks. tonight pulling pu to my house I noticed my ampre gage was way down. so I poped the hood and gave it the look over and didnt see anything wrong w/ the alternater (visually). I dont know what to do know. I have a warrentee on the alternater so I will take it in tomorrow and get a new one (if thats the problem) but my question is what could be causing the (bad luck, short,...?) PLEASE HELP WITH ANY INSIGHT!!!!!

-Thanks Tony

• Sponsors (?)

have shucks test both the bat and alternator when you go they have bench tester and equipment they can test on the car while its running

I know because I unfortunatley worked their before I went in the army, parts store suck the make their money trying to upsale and sell you the little chit that you dont need in fact when I worked there we had a contest in our district were you got points for selling certain items and if our store won we all got gift cards and the manager got a couple grand bonus, so you sold a product even if you new it didnt work like zmax.