Cheap headers for a 4.6? Ebay?

dniksich

May 10, 2020
Indiana
I'm looking for a cheap set of headers for a 2003/4.6 mustang. I'm not worried about rust since the car will be garage kept but fitment is king. I see some on Ebay for like 150 bucks. Anyone here try these and if so how are they fit wise? This car already is over budget so I'd really like to save some here if possible. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It can be a crap shoot. I've bought alot of great part deals on ebay. Have friends that have been totally screwed. The seller's rating needs to be real high 90-100 You need to use Pay-Pal. Never-NEVER send cash via wire. And talk to person, alot.

Hunt around in the local area for used headers. When I was building my Fox I found a set of MAC equal length shorties locally for $40. They were the mild steel versions (not stainless or ceramic coated).

I'm looking for a cheap set of headers for a 2003/4.6 mustang. I'm not worried about rust since the car will be garage kept but fitment is king. I see some on Ebay for like 150 bucks. Anyone here try these and if so how are they fit wise? This car already is over budget so I'd really like to save some here if possible. Thanks
Those headers sold on ebay are the same headers companies like bbk sell. Not saying every company but like for example bbk buys a bunch of the "made in china" headers has them shipped to them.then they put there logo plate on it and mark the price way way up.This has been the norm in the aftermarket auto parts for a very long time. So ebay headers will be the same as bbk just without there name and huge mark up.

Those headers sold on ebay are the same headers companies like bbk sell. Not saying every company but like for example bbk buys a bunch of the "made in china" headers has them shipped to them.then they put there logo plate on it and mark the price way way up.This has been the norm in the aftermarket auto parts for a very long time. So ebay headers will be the same as bbk just without there name and huge mark up.

:rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh:

I bought some of the "DNA" motoring longtube stainless headers. Cost me about $180 with all the hardware and gaskets included. They looked to be pretty good when they showed up, didn't come with exhaust studs even though they were pictured. Contacted them and got $50 refunded (yay!) Then came the install. I put these on with the motor out of the car while I was rebuilding it. Dropped the engine in and then planned to put on the trans later. Yeahhh that didn't happen. No way in hell you could fit the trans in. I tried loosening the passenger side, all sort of stuff. Not a chance. Dropped the engine and remove the header then installed the trans and starter. Then put it back in. The headers do fit nicely but I HIGHLY doubt you could do it with the engine and trans in the car. Maybe if you dropped the K member and kept the engine supported... but regardless. My headers are in now. One of the O2 bungs faces up towards the bottom of the car making it impossible to fit a sensor without some "hammering". I could care less as I am catless and have little block offs. But in the back of my head I know and pray my new clutch and throwout never go bad. Cause that will be a long ass job to do... Was it worth going LTs over shorties? probably not.

Some products are like this and others are started as proprietary designs made in their factory. Either way, the hope is the name brand has paid for quality control and better materials. Getting things with the quality of the same weak lower control arms or HFT jack stands (that look like are on the shelf at Wal-Mart) can turn out badly.

Im so sick and tired of seeing threads like these. Cheap ass people buying garbage......then later complaining about them. You kids should have started off with civics