Check Engine light question

tyler03mach1

Feb 11, 2020
Sc
So i’m thinking about going cat-less on my mid pipe to wake up my cars exhaust note. I have a 2003 Mach 1, bone stock. I really want to go catless but i don’t have the money to buy a handheld tuner or go get the car tuned for the CE light issue.. is there any other way that i could get rid of the CEL that is for sure to work. I don’t wanna keep buying MIL’s or try stuff that won’t work and end up spending a lot of money just to be stuck with the light. I know the light being on doesn’t mean anything except the o2 sensors are reading differently but i don’t want the light to constantly be on and something to happen to my car that would throw a CE light and me not know

• Sponsors (?)

So i’m thinking about going cat-less on my mid pipe to wake up my cars exhaust note. I have a 2003 Mach 1, bone stock. I really want to go catless but i don’t have the money to buy a handheld tuner or go get the car tuned for the CE light issue.. is there any other way that i could get rid of the CEL that is for sure to work. I don’t wanna keep buying MIL’s or try stuff that won’t work and end up spending a lot of money just to be stuck with the light. I know the light being on doesn’t mean anything except the o2 sensors are reading differently but i don’t want the light to constantly be on and something to happen to my car that would throw a CE light and me not know
Hi,
Adding some good high flow Cat’s & Mufflers alone will bring the noise, no need to eliminate Cat’s, entirely.
My 96’ Cobra runs an 2.5” SLP loudmouth exhaust w/a Pypes Catted H pipe with BBK shorty’s, sounds great, is loud as Hel* & I’ve never once seen a downstream 02 CEL, no exhaust tune, no MIL’s.
There’s some great single high flow Cat’s out there, Technologies’ve come a long way since 03’.
As for the question, “no Cat’s”, you mentioned what’s generally done..tuning, MIL eliminators (some work, some.. don’t).
A high flow Catted X pipe or H pipe with a free flowing aftermarket Catback exhaust is a simple bolt-up, clamp-up job and the ideal way to let them know you’re coming. With an entire system it’ll breathe better VS running stock pipes, gaining a few HP.
Good luck!
John