Check Engine Light Stays On

Patriotu

Nov 6, 2016
Hello,yesterday after refuelling i drove around town 20 miles and the check engine light appeared for first time since i bought the car.
The car has 30k and everything works perfect.
I read the manual and it says bad gas can do this.
Anybody experienced this before because of gas ?
And if this is the problem the light will go off by itself ?
Also can nybody recommend a good code reader, wich can read the codes, delete it also , and maybe fix the little ones ?
Thank you much!

• Sponsors (?)

Take it to any parts store. They willl read the codes for free. Don't buy anything that the counter-monkey says will fix it right off the bat, come back here and post what the codes were (They will be the letter "P" followed by four numbers) and we'll help you from there.

74stang2togo is right, a parts store can read the code, but come back here and post what they say before you buy anything. For instance... my codes said cam position sensor error. They would have said replace the cam position sensor. It wouldn't have fixed it, the alternator was bad. If you have an Andriod phone, you can buy a mini ELM327 bluetooth OBDII adapter for under $15 and use the Torque app to read codes. I think the free version reads codes and the paid version is very cheap and worth it. Iphones can do this too, but they need a different bluetooth OBDii adapter.