Check out this 95 on ebay! 450hp. No power adder.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm definetely calling BS, unless that FWHP. What kind of bottom enf/valvetrain would you have to have to be able to rev to 8500?? I guess its possible if thats true and it was built by a NASCAR engine builder, but I'm still skeptical.

Id like to see some paper work and some proof that it was built by a Nascar Engine builder. If you take your avg ricer who only has a body kit and a coffe can muffler pushing out 105 HP at the whole time thiking hes got a 300 HP car and throw him in ( what looks like a pretty much stock 5.0) it sure as hell will feel like 450 HP to him. He dident even list the stuff that was done to it in order to make it 450HP N/A I call :bs:

Notice he took a picture of his hot air intake!! I don't think that Edlebrock intake is suitable to supply air up to 8500 RPM even if (by some chance in hell) the engine could rev that high.

It ain't purty, but i think if they COULD make it redline at 8 grand, it would do 450, at least at the flywheel. you open up EVERYTHING, put some solid lifters and all in there, redo the computer to actually be able to go that high, then it's possible. I bet it makes NOTHING below 4 grand though. All the exhaust would have to be redone, all the intake stuff. Did he say what heads? In any case, if you DID put that much work into it, why not keep it? If it's that awesome, you SO wouldn't want to sell it, and if you did, start the bidding at like 15 grand or something. Shoot, what's a new stang cost nowadays anyway? throw 450 horse into one of these guys and you're rocketing. now all he needs is NAWS from Fast and furious, THEN he'd break 15's, fo sho dawg!

Hey, why would you guys talk bad about a brotha's car. I bought mine off of Ebay and the guy told me it also had 450hp. And that was to the pavement. He told me that if I really wanted a suprise, don't look at the engine until I got home, but feel free to open it up all the way to home and then get a look at the awesome powerplant it has. Dude, mine looked just like this one. Same aluminumed stainless steal and everything. I even almost took a civic on the way home, but he is lighter and running almost 400hp. Just don't judge until you are there.....

Paul

There is no way that car will make that much power nor turn 8500rpms with that 306. My 306 will only turn about 7K and that is with very expensive valvetrain components and pushes the limits of it with not running a solid lift cam. And that 450hp is a joke too. That is not possible with edelbrock heads and the same intake that my car has. Basically I have a very similar combo and hope to see 330hp in mine. If it was built by a NASCAR engine builder then why did he not give their name? Charlotte/Monroe area is the birth of NASCAR so most of the race shops are there but they all build in house and I doubt that they have time to throw together a little 306 for that car. So definately going to call :bs: on this one.

eh, i think its possible. i was looking at having kt engines in north carolina build me a custom 331, they do nascar, ihra, and nhra engines but they'll also build whatever a person is willing to pay for. bottom line is that professional race shops will build street car engines. however, before spending a dollar on a car with a supposedly built engine i'd want a build sheet, reciept from the builder, and dyno sheets. otherwise you're just asking to get ripped off.