Check Out This Antenna Nitrous Purge

LilBerx

Jan 11, 2012
Logan, UT
I figured that the majority of you fox guys are nifty guys and dig stuff like this... lemme know whatcha think,

I didn't really feel like drilling into the nostrils of my hood, so I went a different route for my nitrous purge.

VIDEO BELOW

A machinist at work made these for me... We decided to add a "little design" to the antenna, route the nitrous purge to it. Made out of 100% stainless steel.

What do ya think of this?

3C1DD795-DF42-4FB2-BA90-43CB34DBEB28_zpsiv6un37m.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
10 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
I want one!
its pretty easy. i drilled out the center with a 1/4" drill bit and the bottom with a 1/2" and pin a 1/4" compression fitting in the bottom and filled around it in with plastic weld. i use a 1/4" plastic line for my purge.
big lines = big purge if you have a big enough solenoid

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
You don't drill holes in your hood for a purge. You put it up under the cowl panel. That Antennae is not a bad idea. However, the idea is that you have it in your field of vision with a helmet on so that you can see when all the air is out.

Kurt

srtthis

10 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
You don't drill holes in your hood for a purge. You put it up under the cowl panel. That Antennae is not a bad idea. However, the idea is that you have it in your field of vision with a helmet on so that you can see when all the air is out.

Kurt

you can see it still... and the biggest thing a purge is used for it to get pressure down

Reactions: 1 user

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Years back, I had a friend with a 96-98 Cobra that I did the nitrous install on.

I put the purge in the two hood vents, going forward at an angle. It looks like a bull snorting when he hit the purge.

I think he went through 2 bottles just purging all the time.

Reactions: 1 user

mikestang63

SN Certified Technician
Aug 27, 2012
In the garage
Years back, I had a friend with a 96-98 Cobra that I did the nitrous install on.

I put the purge in the two hood vents, going forward at an angle. It looks like a bull snorting when he hit the purge.

Mike, sure back then when it was $3 a pound. Now it's like 7-10. That's why I sold my kit. 15 years ago I was going through 2 bottles a month and figured it was cheaper in the long run to put on a Vortech.

srtthis

10 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
Mike, sure back then when it was $3 a pound. Now it's like 7-10. That's why I sold my kit. 15 years ago I was going through 2 bottles a month and figured it was cheaper in the long run to put on a Vortech.

aint that the truth... when i put the plate on my car we were racing the nitrous car and it was like 3 bucks a pound filling it at the shop. now that its "retired" its going to cost me an arm and a leg lol

89oem

Mustang Master
Dec 18, 2013

i saw one of those on Passtime it was dark blue or maybe black, put out like a mile of nitrous cause they were egging him on about it ...ran pretty strong too iirc

OP that is the bomb!

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
Last time I checked the local.place here was selling it for $4/lb. Been so long since I had the bottle filled I haven't thought about it in awhile.

Never had to get my bottle.pressure down. I have the opposite problem, getting the bottle pressure up.

Kurt