Electrical CHMSL brake light in LX spoiler

mitymerc

Oct 28, 1999
I have just returned my 87 LX to service after a 19 year garage sleep.

The hatch was replaced due to rust, The CHMSL does not light, no power. However the cn in the pic on the drvr side hatch, has pwr when brake is applied. The cn for the lamp will mate to it but cannot reach, I have it plugged into a similar cn near the latch.

Is the cn near the lamp actually for the remote hatch option?

I don't believe the lamp harness will reach the corner where I am getting pwr.

Is there supposed to be a jumper harness between them?

Thanks Guys

Attachments

• 20180525_203705.jpg
    20180525_203705.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Sponsors (?)

There are two CHSL connectors in the hatch. Ford prewired all 87-93s for both the GT and LX.

The location you show is where the GT light would plug in as it mounts on the sides. The LX light would plug in closer to the center of the hatch near the lock.

Both work, so if you can extend the wiring and connect to that connector, then it's a solution you can go with

There are two CHSL connectors in the hatch. Ford prewired all 87-93s for both the GT and LX.

The location you show is where the GT light would plug in as it mounts on the sides. The LX light would plug in closer to the center of the hatch near the lock.

Both work, so if you can extend the wiring and connect to that connector, then it's a solution you can go with
Cool, Thank you. I used to play with these cars every day but it's been about 15 years since I messed with them.

The hatch came off an LX so You'ld think that one would work, oh well, when get some time I'll have to extend it.

Both should work. Who knows what happened to the other one. When I added a saleen wing to my LX I used the outer one, and then went back to inner one when I put the stock LX wing back on