Classic Style Shifter Boot For 97 Cobra?

I recently purchased a 97 Cobra. It's a blast to drive, but I really don't care for the euro look shift knob and leather boot. I've already ordered a Hurst shifter with chrome handle so I'm half way to the classic look. But I haven't been able to find a classic style rubber boot designed for a 97 Mustang. It's beginning to look like I'm going to have to buy a classic boot and trim it to fill the console hole in my Cobra.

Any other classic shifter guys out there that have solved this problem?

Thanks for your time!
Jeff,

• Sponsors (?)

I looked for one of those for YEARS and never found anything...I ended up with this:
IMG_0144.jpg

it is an older picture and I have refined it some since then (and cleaned it and replaced the carpet ;) ).

I think there are more now then when I started...at least now there is a handle for the SN95, when I did mine I had to modify a handle.

If you want to do something like i did I recommend picking up an auto trans bezel and modify it, the 5-speed bezel assy. is stupid expensive...

Anyway I started with a generic boot from the parts store and sort of bent the trim ring to follow the shape of the shift bezel. Then since the boot wasn't mounted to the floor I drilled some extra holes in the trim ring and used nuts and bolts to assemble it. Also because the boot isn't on the floor, the movement of the handle puts extra strain on handle opening. I reinforced the opening with a piece of stiff rubber under the top pleat of the boot and with some zip ties around the handle to keep it from collapsing.

here is a better picture
IMG_2014.jpg