Classifieds suck

FalconGuy016

Oct 26, 2004
Northern VA
Does anybody else sell like nothing on the classifieds here? I swear if I even mention parts I have to sell in the forums there are so many people who want it immediately! But things just rot in the classifieds... I really think they should go back to the forums style because nobody really looks at classifieds unless they are looking for something specific!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGH

Word I never sell nothing here. At all period.

Hmmm... Perhaps that is because this is not Craiglslist. The classifieds here exist for the purpose of the membership to trade and sell parts that they no longer need to friends, acquaintances, and other members of SN. To a certain degree, this relies upon the rapport that you establish with other members of the forum. If they know of you at least, then folks don't mind doing business with folks that they have a feel for.

If all you do after log-in is post classified ads well... There's not a lot of interaction to base that judgement upon because nobody has a feel for some nameless account. The classifieds here are based upon a community of people who are somewhat familiar with one another.

Reactions: 1 users
I ain't the first one to say it. So stop acting like I am the only one to say it. Or you on a power trip ?

Yeah, you dug up an 8 year old thread in order to say it. Good for you. :) @Jinx

A power trip? No, despite the empty attempt to provoke one.

If you don't like the classifieds, stop using them. Go to Craigslist or ebay.

These are not the classifieds you're looking for. :O_o:

Reactions: 1 user
I look at our classifieds daily (well, the Fox, Classic, and Mustang II Classifieds, as well as occaisionally see if there's a cheap 3v or whole S197 out there), but I myself do most of my selling via Ebay. I only list my Mustang II stuff here and at one other forum, and that's for precisely the reasons Noobz mentioned earlier. Other than that, it goes in my Ebay store, where I make a cool extra $500-1000 a month just selling off the junk I've accumulated over the years (and still somehow accumulate).

I don't sell anything... I would rather give stuff away than deal with the issues surrounding internet sales. I'll climb back into my grumpy little hole now!

I sold a 37 ford truck grill in the classifieds ...something i could not do in Craigs List ad .Dude wasn't even a
Stangnet member ,it popped up in a web search he did .
A buddy sold his 68 Shelby replica convert here as well . I check the ads fairly regular ,i just haven't seen any thing i need .Post something i need at a reasonable price and i just may buy it .