Cleaned my MAF today

• Sponsors (?)

04GT said:
My car had been running a little weird after cleaning my K&N air filter. Mostly at WOT. Finally cleaned my MAF today, following the instructions from http://www.bullittarchive.com/html/modules/articles/article.php?id=77 :nice:

Car does seem to be running better now! :D

Warning: Do not over tighten the torx screws! I twisted the head off one. :bang:

Replaced them with reguler philips head screws, 4mm x 12mm.
Too much oil on filter or still wet.....I wash mine, blow it with air dry as possible......sit it in the sun for about 2 hours.......lightly spray it with oil...then let it stand another 2 hours.....Works fine each time......Water or oil will drive that thing nuts.......

Without gong through all that taking the meter out....you can simply clean it taking the filter off with fuel injector spray....Won't hurt to stop & clean out the intake plenum since your doing regular maintanence

The current issue of MM&FF has an article where they were testing a mule that had high milage on it and felt a little slugish. They cleaned the sensor out with brake cleaner and saw an improvement on the dyno from before and after the cleaning.

I believe this is the title of the article: Project Redheaded Step Child, Part 1

forpit2000gt said:
If your car is running fine , I deff. wouldn't mess with the MAF. It can hurt.
Yeah, on second though I am going to have to agree. The MAF wires are very fragile and every time you take it out you risk damaging them and the MAF is very expensive. So yeah, I am going to change my previous answer and say that if your car is running fine do not mess with your MAF, especially if you are using paper air filters.