• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Cleaned up the Exploder upper...

  • Thread starter Thread starter ratio411
  • Start date Start date Feb 20, 2013
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

ratio411

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2002
3,870
73
109
Pensacola FL
Feb 21, 2013
#21
  • Feb 21, 2013
  • #21
ReefBlueHatch said:
I bought mine off CL for $50 and it was already tapped for the ACT. Mine came off a car that had a minor fire under the hood, so it looked awful. I used aircraft stripper and a power washer - had it bare in no time. I also painted the lower and it's holding up great. I'd eventually would like to replace the upper with a tubular or a Cobra.

And BTW, my opening is 70mm.


Click to expand...

Wow, that looks great!
Now I know I'm painting the lower and covers.
I have been on the fence.
You don't need to go tubular, these look good when smoothed out.
Next time you do work to it, shave off the tab on the side and the casting flash.
Look closely at mine, and you'll see I even shortened the bolt bosses at front and rear.
It's a little detail, but really smooths out the look, without even being obvious as to why.
 

ratio411

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2002
3,870
73
109
Pensacola FL
Feb 21, 2013
#22
  • Feb 21, 2013
  • #22
Gearbanger 101 said:
This was the 1986 Mustang HO intake plate...

Click to expand...

That's the one I really want on there.
I just have to find one.
 

Attachments

  • mump_0812_12_z+fox_body_bargains+1986_mustang_gt.webp
    70 KB · Views: 105
  • mump_0812_12_z+fox_body_bargains+1986_mustang_gt.webp
    70 KB · Views: 109
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
374
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
R
For Sale 2008 Mustang Bullitt for sale Richmond Hill, ON, Canada L4C 0S3
  • ROHDRNNR
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • S197 Mustangs For Sale (2005-14)
Replies
0
Views
304
S197 Mustangs For Sale (2005-14) Jun 10, 2026
ROHDRNNR
R
Electrical problem plug in the drivers kick panel
  • Mindseye007
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
166
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 16, 2026
Mindseye007
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
new :poo: box, may need to hit you guys up for 79-82 info when i fix thIs turd.
  • rednotch
  • Sep 27, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
44
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 23, 2026
limp
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?