Clicking noise under acceleration, driveshaft problems?

Hey guys, I have a problem that just started yesterday. I drove to the gym and when I started my car and drove off in 1st, a clicking noise started coming from underneath my car. As I accelerated, it just kept getting faster and faster. Started off like click....click....click then went click.click.click going through gears. No matter what speed I go, the clicking noise just continues. Any ideas on what the problem is? I was thinking that it might be the driveshaft? The sound seems to be coming from directly underneath the driver's seat. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Anything is possiable with cars and women :D

Anyways I would try and check the simple stuff first by jacking up the car as safely as I could and check for anything that could rub against any moving parts. I once had a old Chevy truck that did this but very loud driving down the road at every speed. I got under it and could see it was hitting part of the floor pan because of the making on it BUT the weird thing was it was 3" away from the drive shaft :shrug: Come to find out the tail shaft of the gear box wasn't bolted down and it would move side ways enough to make the drive shaft rub on stuff :rolleyes:

If that leaves you still blank try checking the U-Joints out.

Hope is helps.

GREENBIOCH said:
Maybe a rock in your tire tread?? Could be as simple as that. :shrug:

Funny you should say that...I had a clicking problem coming from the left rear of my car today. So, I got out and, upon inspection, I had a HUGE A$$ nail in the tire. The head of it was smacking pavement with every turn. Fortunately, I got it fixed b4 the tire went flat. Cost me $15 bucks though. :mad: :nonono: :bs: