Clicking sound coming from rear or car

BLADDER92FOX

Apr 4, 2005
Miami
Clicking sound coming from rear of car

I had just left my friends house and on the way home my car started to have a clicking sound coming from the rear. I had to drive only up to 30mph cause every time i give it gas the sounds gets louder and faster, i have no idea what it is. I'm thinking it might be my drums because when i checked them a few months ago they had a groove ring in them and looked kinda word. Or maybe i'm also thinking the yoke bearing from the drive shaft or my axel bearings. I'm not sure yet,i'll have to take my tires off and check my drums to see first. Any other ideas of what it could be?

• Sponsors (?)

Check to make sure your breakline to the rear drums aren't rubbing against the inside of your wheels rims. I had this problem. The line was knocking against the steel clip located on the inner part of the rim on every full rotation.

BLADDER92FOX said:
I checked the brake lines and they are not rubbing. I'm waiting for my mechanic to get home to check out my car.I don't have the right tools to really do anything right now.

Do you have an aftermarket gear in the rear end. If so was it recently installed? Any changes to the rear end at all?! More info please.

do you have wider wheels or did you recently get your wheels balanced? i have a sound like that coming from my car too, turns out its a wheel weight on my new rims (9. in wide) hitting thequad shock on the drivers side.

I still have my stock ponies with 245/50/16 in the back like i've always had and theres alot of room between the tire and the quad.Anyhow i left it at my family mechanic and he's going to check it for me,i'm almost certain that it's something inside the drums maybe a spring broke or something else cause now even when i don't accelerate i hear the noise. It' sound like something might be spinning inside the drums or similar. I'll keep you posted. When i start my new job that i'm getting i'm going to but alot of tools so i can do things myself, i don't even trust the stock ford jack,it's scares me every time i've used it in the past.

I have the same noise...mine comes from the driver's rear after i turn the wheel to the right. Except i've got 4 wheel disc brakes...Let me know if he finds anything. I'm gonna look at mine this week too.

I was right, it was my bearings. It it turns out it was my driveshaft bearings. Glad i got them replaced in time in case something bad could have happened. Is there a break in period for those? I shouldn't romp on it for a while i'm thinking in order for them to settle down right? Any suggestions?