Clutch feels different after burnout

Black GT

Sep 8, 2018
Jacksonville, Florida
Yesterday I was at a red light and thought I would have a little fun when the light turned green. I dumped the clutch and mashed the accelerator and lit up all of 1st gear. I was not riding the clutch, my foot was completely off of the pedal the whole time. The next stop I came to the clutch pedal seemed softer. In a matter of fact i stalled the car the next 2 starts I had because of the pedal feel. Drove the car and the clutch still works good just does not feel the same as before. What could have happened?

• Sponsors (?)

I had forgot about lifting the pedal with my toe to adjust the clutch cable. It felt more like it usually does after doing that but it does not and never has felt like a friend of mines mach 1. His clutch grabs as soon as the pedal starts to move off the floor. Mine has always started grabbing about half way off the floor. There is a inline adjuster on the cable but I am scared to screw with it. Afraid I might get it all out of wak and burn it up. It might just be time for a new clutch.