Clutch pedal height adjustment 3" higher than brake pedal???

Jan 3, 2003
MD
My clutch cable broke, and when the new one was put in, the clutch pedal is literally 3" higher than the brake pedal. anyone have this same issue? is this normal? I'm using the aftermarket adjustable aluminum quadrant with a centerforce dual friction.
Also, about how long should a Centerforce Dual friction last?

• Sponsors (?)

mine is Centerforce Dual Friction, and I was wondering if there was more adjustment done, would it be like riding the clutch and cause the clutch to wear down. The pedal is high, and it engages pretty high.

I just got the MM Clutch Pedal Adjuster, Steeda Clutch Quadrant, Steeda Firewall Adjuster, along with a Spec Stage One clutch, rear main seal, pilot bearing, and a new Steel bearing retainer installed on my car today.

I got it back tonight, before my clutch was about 1-2 inches above the brake pedal and it engaged fairly high. Now the pedal sits a hair below the brake pedal which is nice. The pedal travel is a lot shorter and i like how the clutch engages just off the floor.

The clutch has no chattering, "weird condom smells", or any complaints. Everything fits great. I highly recomend it if your pedal is really high!!!!

Hmmm i dont think an adjustable quadrant controls the height of the pedal. I think it just controls the height of engagement of the clutch. ( where the clutch engages as u press the pedal down.)

On the parts:
Clutch pedal kit (quadrant, firewall, and ht.adjuster)StangSuspension.com
Spec Stage 1 Clutch= StangSuspension.com
pilot bearing and main seal= Local Ford Dealer(13 or 14 bucks each)
Steel Bearing Retainer= 50resto.com

~Nate